An overview of real estate sales in Kauai
- In 2014, the YTD real estate sales throughout the 3rd quarter in Kauai, HI, are 359 single family homes, 257 condos, and 158 parcels of vacant land. Single family homes showed a 17 unit or 5% increase, condos showed -11 units or a -4.1 decrease, and vacant land parcels showed a 22 unit or 16.2% increase over the 3rd quarter of 2013.
- In 2014, the YTD median real estate price throughout the 3rd quarter in Kauai, HI, is $530,000 for single family homes, $344,000 for condos, and $332,500 for parcels of vacant land. Single family homes showed a $15,000 or 2.9% increase, condos showed $44,000 or 14.7% increase, and vacant land parcels showed a $32,500 or 10.8% increase over the 3rd quarter of 2013.
Home Value Index Prices
According to the Zillow Home Value Index, homes in Kauai are valued at the following prices:
|Price Range||% of Homes|
|$100 – 200K||0.1%|
|$200 – 300K||21.3%|
|$300 – 400K||16.6%|
|$400 – 500K||21.7%|
|$500 – 600K||16.4%|
|$600 – 800K||18.7%|
|$800K or More||3.9%|
Average Square Footage of Homes in Kauai
Average square footage of homes in Kauai is as follows:
|Square Footage||% of Homes|
|1000 or Less||33.5%|
|1000 – 1400||28.7%|
|1400 – 1800||15.4%|
|1800 – 2400||14.0%|
|2400 – 3600||6.7%|
|3600 or More||1.5%|
Kauai Real Estate Market Statistics and Facts
- In Kauai, there are 40.4% renter occupied homes, compared to 59% of people that own their own homes.
- The average cost of a residential home is $320 per square foot, compared to $113 per square foot nationally.
- The median home age in Kauai is 28 years, compared to 37 years for all houses in the United States.
- The property tax rate is $2.43 for every $1,000 in home value.
- In Kauai, 50.12% of homes are owned by primary homeowners and 12.60% of housing is vacant.
- Home appreciation in Kauai has increased 9% over the last year, is down -12.50% from 5 years ago, and is up 29.40% from 10 years ago.
- Average rental prices per month in Kauai are $1,170 for a studio apartment, $1,180 for a 1 bedroom home or apartment, $1,597 for a 2 bedroom home or apartment, $2,173 for a 3 bedroom home or apartment, and $2,574 for a 4 bedroom home or apartment.