An overview of real estate sales in Kauai
- In 2014, the YTD real estate sales throughout the 3rd quarter in Kauai, HI, are 359 single family homes, 257 condos, and 158 parcels of vacant land. Single family homes showed a 17 unit or 5% increase, condos showed -11 units or a -4.1 decrease, and vacant land parcels showed a 22 unit or 16.2% increase over the 3rd quarter of 2013.
- In 2014, the YTD median real estate price throughout the 3rd quarter in Kauai, HI, is $530,000 for single family homes, $344,000 for condos, and $332,500 for parcels of vacant land. Single family homes showed a $15,000 or 2.9% increase, condos showed $44,000 or 14.7% increase, and vacant land parcels showed a $32,500 or 10.8% increase over the 3rd quarter of 2013.
Home Value Index Prices
According to the Zillow Home Value Index, homes in Kauai are valued at the following prices:
|Price Range||% of Homes|
|$100 – 200K||0.1%|
|$200 – 300K||21.3%|
|$300 – 400K||16.6%|
|$400 – 500K||21.7%|
|$500 – 600K||16.4%|
|$600 – 800K||18.7%|
|$800K or More||3.9%|
Average Square Footage of Homes in Kauai
Average square footage of homes in Kauai is as follows:
|Square Footage||% of Homes|
|1000 or Less||33.5%|
|1000 – 1400||28.7%|
|1400 – 1800||15.4%|
|1800 – 2400||14.0%|
|2400 – 3600||6.7%|
|3600 or More||1.5%|
Kauai Real Estate Market Statistics and Facts
- In Kauai, there are 40.4% renter occupied homes, compared to 59% of people that own their own homes.
- The average cost of a residential home is $320 per square foot, compared to $113 per square foot nationally.
- The median home age in Kauai is 28 years, compared to 37 years for all houses in the United States.
- The property tax rate is $2.43 for every $1,000 in home value.
- In Kauai, 50.12% of homes are owned by primary homeowners and 12.60% of housing is vacant.
- Home appreciation in Kauai has increased 9% over the last year, is down -12.50% from 5 years ago, and is up 29.40% from 10 years ago.
- Average rental prices per month in Kauai are $1,170 for a studio apartment, $1,180 for a 1 bedroom home or apartment, $1,597 for a 2 bedroom home or apartment, $2,173 for a 3 bedroom home or apartment, and $2,574 for a 4 bedroom home or apartment.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.